Crisis Services

Crisis services are an integral component of addressing mental illness in communities across the state. The mental health crisis lines listed below are available for all people in Washington regardless of your income or whether you have insurance or not.

For immediate help: call
911 for a life-threatening emergency or
988 for a mental health emergency.

What happens if you call a crisis line?

North Central WA Crisis Line
(Chelan, Douglas, Grant and Okanogan Counties)
the local 24/7 Crisis Line that provides immediate help to individuals, families, and friends of people in emotional crisis


Call, text, or chat 988 to be connected to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline (NSPL).
It will be confidential, free, and available 24/7/365

You can dial 988 if you are having:

  • Thoughts of suicide
  • Mental health crises
  • Substance use concerns
  • Any other kind of emotional distress

You can also dial 988 if you are worried about a loved one who may need crisis support.

Services are available in Spanish, along with interpretation services in over 250 languages.

For people who are deaf, hard of hearing, and TTY users: Use your preferred relay service or dial 711 then 1-800-273-8255.

988 does not replace any crisis call centers in Washington state. It is an addition to the state’s network of crisis center providers. The ten-digit NSPL number, 1-800-273-TALK (8255), is still active along with 988.

Native and Strong 988  – Calls are answered by Native crisis counselors who are tribal members and descendants closely tied to their communities. Counselors are fully trained in crisis intervention and support, with special emphasis on cultural and traditional practices related to healing.
Nation’s first Native and Strong Lifeline Launches as Part of 988 | Washington State Department of Health


211 connects people with health and social service organizations. The service includes information & referral and assistance programs for needs such as healthcare, housing, and shelter, utility assistance, food, and childcare.

Homebuilders Crisis Stabilization

National Runaway Safeline

American Foundation for Suicide Prevention

Suicide Prevention Now

Samaritans Hope

National Poison Help Hotline:
Safe Medication Return’s new website and toll-free number
Secure storage and safe disposal of medication helps reduce overdoses, poisonings, and suicide attempts. Safe Medication Return lets people appropriately dispose of unwanted household over the counter and prescription medications (including medications for household pets).
Call (844) 482-5322 or visit the site for more information or to order mail-back supplies.

Catholic Charities (Chelan and Douglas)
Mental health professionals are available to provide community-based crisis intervention services 24-hours per day to Chelan and Douglas County residents who are experiencing a mental or emotional crisis. MCI staff are trained mental health professionals and case managers who provide basic supportive therapy, peer counseling, and case management.

Renew: Grant Behavioral Health and Wellness (Grant County)

Teen Link

You’re not alone. There is someone that’s willing to listen to you without judgment. Teen Link is a program of Crisis Connections that serves youth in Washington State.
Our teen volunteers are trained to listen to your concerns and talk with you about whatever’s on your mind – bullying, drug and alcohol concerns, relationships, stress, depression, or any other issues you’re facing. No issue is too big or too small! Calls and chats are confidential. Talk it out!
1.866.TeenLink ( 866.833.6546)
Teen Link Flyer

Trans Life Line (all ages)
Peer support, advocacy and micro grant information ‘run by and for trans people.
Call: 1-877-565-8860, Available: 7am-1am, everyday.

The Trevor Project (Ages 13-25)
Call, text, or chat with us anytime you need support. If you are thinking about suicide, or feeling lonely, we’re here to listen.
Trevor Lifeline Hotline: 1-866-488-7386. 24 hours, 7 days/week
Trevor Text Line: Text “START” to 678678

Okanogan Behavioral HealthCare (Okanogan County)

Crisis Services

Mental health professionals are available to provide community-based crisis intervention services 24-hours per day to Chelan and Douglas County residents who are experiencing a mental or emotional crisis.

Mobile Crisis Intervention
MCI staff are trained mental health professionals and case managers who provide basic supportive therapy, peer counseling, and case management.
Crisis Line
1-866-826-6191 (toll free)

Designated Crisis Responders (DCR’s)
Employ DCRs who respond throughout the community to assess for risk and to determine if an individual can be safely served in an outpatient or voluntary inpatient setting or if they require involuntary hospitalization in order to be stabilized. The DCRs are the only entity with the authority to detain an individual involuntarily and should only be accessed when all other voluntary and collaborative options have been exhausted. When needed, DCRs respond to police or family requests to evaluate individuals who are displaying behaviors that place them or those around them in imminent danger. Evaluations can take place in any community location. DCRs work with area law enforcement to arrange for endangered individuals to be transported to an emergency department for a complete psychiatric evaluation.

  • Chelan Douglas Crisis Team (provided by Catholic Charities serving Central WA) (509) 662 – 6761 Located at 145 S Worthen St, Wenatchee WA
  • Grant County Crisis Team (provided by Grant Integrated Services serving Grant County) (509) 765 – 6761 Located at 840 E Plum St, Moses Lake, WA
  • Okanogan County Crisis Team provided by Okanogan Behavioral Healthcare (509) 826-6191 serving Okanogan County located at 1007 Koala Dr. Omak, WA

Behavioral Health Ombuds
Call: (800) 572 – 4459
Ombuds are people with lived experience in behavioral health who know services well and can help people navigate and resolve problems. Behavioral Health Ombuds services are available throughout the state. Ombuds can assist resolve issues with behavioral health services in both mental health and substance use. Ombuds services are primarily for individuals receiving Medicaid services.

Ombuds can help people resolve:

  • Complaints and grievances — any dissatisfaction with services, written or verbal.
  • Appeals — a reconsideration of denials, reduction or termination of services.
  • Administrative (Fair) Hearings — a formal court procedure when all other avenues have been unsuccessful.

Ombuds services are voluntary. If a person chooses to file a grievance themselves, the Ombuds can direct them to the right process.
An Ombuds can help a person understand how to advocate for themselves effectively, or advocate on their behalf. They can advocate for adequate resolution and assist in setting up meetings and negotiations. The goal is always to resolve issues at the lowest level possible.
In addition to assisting with complaints and grievances, Ombuds are also sources for community resource information and referrals for additional services.

National Center for Suicide Survivors Treatment program for attempt survivors
Julie Rickard, PhD Wenatchee, WA 98801 509-881-4059
Suicide Prevention Coalition of NCW Schedule a Gatekeeper Suicide Prevention Training or join the coalition. by contacting:

Go to Top